Data Deletion Policy
This document sets out our policy for responding to requests for deletion of data under US data protection law. This document explains the rights of the data subject in relation to data deletion and the responsibilities of
Here2Fish, LLC in responding with such a request.
An individual has the right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling
reason for its continued processing.
When does the right to erasure apply?
As stipulated in US data protection law, individuals have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
• Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed;
• When the individual withdraws consent;
• When the individual objects to the processing and there is no other legal ground for the relevant processing activity;
• When the personal data was unlawfully processed;
• Where the personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
What information does Here2Fish retain?
If consent is provided, personal data (including the above, plus address, telephone number and notes) may be stored in our CRM system for the purposes of contacting you regarding Here2Fish news, products and promotions.
How can data be deleted?
If you have purchased products or services directly from Here2Fish, Here2Fish acts as data controller. In this case, we will delete the customer data (orders) upon request (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Data may still remain in the systems back-up files, which will be deleted periodically. Information may be deleted from our CRM upon request to email@example.com. We aim to perform the deletion within one month (30 calendar days) and will send you a confirmation once the information has been deleted. Wherever possible, we will aim to complete the request in advance of the deadline.